WAYNESBORO, Pa. (WDVM) — A 13-year-old boy is in custody for allegedly shooting and killing his 9-year-old brother on Wednesday morning.
Pennsylvania State Police said they responded to a home on Cleveland Avenue in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania for a death investigation. The 9-year-old boy was taken to Waynesboro Hospital, where he died from the gunshot injuries.
According to police investigation, the 13-year-old suspect allegedly took a 9mm handgun in the home and shot his brother. The suspect is expected to be charged with criminal homicide and aggravated assault.
The investigation is ongoing.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Deadly bacterial infection linked to room spray sold at Walmart
- Virginia unemployment drops for 16 straight months; unemployment rate falls to 3.8% in September
- Peter Scolari, co-star of ‘Bosom Buddies’, ‘Girls’ dead at 66
- What is a prop gun? Investigators say shooting on set of Alec Baldwin movie involved ‘prop firearm’
- The Mummies of Philippi – Paranormal W.Va.