Taco Bell is bringing back a familiar favorite: the humble potato.
In social media posts Thursday, Taco Bell CEO Mark King said potatoes will return to Taco Bell menus as of March 11.
Potatoes were cut from Taco Bell menus last year, when locations switched entirely to drive-thru service at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. To better service customers with long drive-thru lines, Taco Bell simplified its menu, and potatoes didn’t make the cut, King explained.
“But it’s a new year, with new possibilities, and you know what? We’re bringing them back!” King said of potatoes.
With the return of potatoes, King said Taco Bell was “going big” with its vegetarian menu – “above and beyond” – a hint to its newly announced partnership with plant-based protein maker Beyond Meat.
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Man arrested after hunting imaginary man in Walmart parking lot
- Illinois girl, 3, fell from window at her home, died from cold, police say
- Governor Hogan: Maryland schools should plan to reopen March 1
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship