FORT HOOD, Tx. — Members of Equusearch are searching along the Leon River in Bell County for Private First Class Vanessa Guillen. She was reported missing from the Fort Hood military base in Texas in April.
Their search along the Leon River started Sunday, and they say they have a ‘good reason’ to be in the area.
The Texas Rangers, U.S. Army Criminal Investigation, and The Texas Game Wardens are also taking part in the search near FM 436 and North Hartrick Loop.
Volunteers put together a drive thru barbecue to help the family of PFC Vanessa Guillen to assist with their lodging while temporarily living in Killeen as well as paying lawyers and private investigators in the search for Guillen.
Hundreds of cars drove through at the Moss Rose Community Center in Killeen. The family decided on the barbecue idea to offer something to their supporters when they donate.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- Shaping up to be a warm Thanksgiving after rain wraps up
- Soggy tonight, but rain will be exiting Thanksgiving morning
- Lots of clouds, but staying dry until showers arrive tonight
- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma pleads guilty in criminal case