EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Have you eaten a lot of chocolate during the pandemic? You’re not alone.
Chocolate sales have spiked in the past few months, according to a report from the National Confectioners Association. The data shows demand for the confection has surpassed demand for overall candy from March to August.
Premium chocolate saw the largest growth with a sales spike of 12.5%, and non-premium chocolate saw a sales increase of 5.5%. The overall candy market increased by 3.8%.
The U.S. Chocolate Market is expected to surpass $20 billion by 2025, according to Global Market Research Firm IndexBox.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Hundreds of restaurants apply for grants to winterize outdoor seating
- Trucks involved in many Interstate 81 accidents as construction continues
- Careers in Demand: IT workers
- Williamsport Main Street program expected to help boost town’s economy, attract tourism
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings