MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Outlook not improving for beleaguered US movie theaters
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- West Virginia added to DC’s list of high-risk states requiring self-quarantine if traveling to DC
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Woman accused of sending ricin letter to White House arrested at New York-Canada border