CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $25,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Volleyball earns first win of the season against Texas Tech
- Clouds hang around overnight and temps stay steady
- Experts want to educate the public on investing during a pandemic
- Clouds and some showers around this evening
- The United States Department of Agriculture want to educate public on frozen food safety