Update (12/15 7:56 a.m.): The sheriff’s office says the victim is an adult man. Officials believe the homicide is an isolated incident, but ask that residents continue to avoid the area as investigation continues.
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating an active homicide incident in Hagerstown Tuesday morning.
Officials say officers responded to the 17400 block of Fair Oaks Court this morning for a reported homicide at 4:30 Tuesday morning. Officials ask that residents avoid the area.
At this time, there is no further information available.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- “We are obviously the underdog”: Madison football ready to take down the returning state champs Saturday
- After five decades of coaching in Montgomery Count and many championships, Tom Crowell retires
- Hagerstown Community College hosts virtual Earth Day event
- Jefferson County Historic Landmarks gives $4000 to small memorial cemetery
- APS parents rally for more in-person instruction