HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Washington County Public Schools confirmed to WDVM that they are now exploring options to move into Stage 4 of their in-person learning plan.
WCPS Communications Officer Erin Anderson confirmed to WDVM that students now have the option of returning to their classroom on or after November 30th, 2020.
She clarified that WCPS is “exploring how to accommodate students who want to return to the classroom in Stage 4 and need to plan for necessary space in classrooms, on buses, and confirming methods of transportation.”
WCPS’s “Return to Learn” plan details that in Stage 4, elementary school students grades 1-5 will systemically transition to in-person traditional full-day schedule. Middle and high school students will move to an A/B schedule where students will alternate between in-person & live, online instruction.
Anderson also explained that WCPS has been open to small groups of students but this is the next step in the progression to reopening completely.
WCPS entered Stage 3 of their “Return to Learn” plan on October 12th and as of October 29th, the WCPS website stated that there was no set date for the return of students in Stage 5.
According to WCPS, reopening stages will move forward or in reverse based on community health metrics that the State of Maryland has provided for guidance.
- Washington County’s daily positivity rate – the number of positive COVID-19 test results divided by the total number of tests administered
- Washington County’s new case rate – the number of new positive COVID-19 cases for every 100,000 people
Moving into these stages will depend on Washington County’s COVID-19 cases.
Stage 5 will offer no distance learning option and all students must return to in-person learning.
- Rowing announces 2020-21 team awards
- Montgomery County Sports Recap May 7
- “We haven’t missed a season on anything”: VHSL Executive Director talks success of condensed high school sports season
- Urbana girls lacrosse pick up win over Oakdale with a late push
- Middletown girls lacrosse dominate on the road over Linganore