ROCKVILLE, Md. (WDVM) — A Montgomery County police officer was placed on probation Monday after assaulting a man in handcuffs last year, and it was all caught on camera.
33-year-old Kevin Moris was sentenced to two years of probation for the assault. You can see the undercover officer kneeing a suspect’s head into the ground in July of last year. After the video went viral, Moris went to trial and was found guilty of second-degree assault and misconduct in office. Moris’s defense attorney said the officer used a defensive tactic as the suspect spat blood and saliva on the officer. Moris was also placed on leave after the incident.
- WV reports five new COVID-19 deaths, nearly 250 new cases
- Family of Breonna Taylor, attorneys to address grand jury decision
- Virginia Governor tests positive for COVID-19
- Postponed: World War II flyover pushed to Saturday
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit