ROCKVILLE, Md. (WDVM) — A Montgomery County police officer was placed on probation Monday after assaulting a man in handcuffs last year, and it was all caught on camera.
33-year-old Kevin Moris was sentenced to two years of probation for the assault. You can see the undercover officer kneeing a suspect’s head into the ground in July of last year. After the video went viral, Moris went to trial and was found guilty of second-degree assault and misconduct in office. Moris’s defense attorney said the officer used a defensive tactic as the suspect spat blood and saliva on the officer. Moris was also placed on leave after the incident.
- 2 juveniles, adult arrested in fatal Manassas Mall shooting; 1 suspect at large
- Sen. Manchin urges cell companies not to abandon 2G and 3G service
- Sheriff: Deputy fatally shot Black man while serving warrant
- Woman accidentally mistakes nail glue for eye drops
- Roller coaster continues, better chance of rain Saturday