UPDATE: People involved in I-70 crash identified



 All lanes were reopened at 4 p.m. 

People involved in the collision: 

Sean Pease, 50, taken to Meritus

Joshua Kerns, 18, taken to MD Shock Trauma

Joseph Jerome Dieumegarde, 47, taken to Meritus

Joseph Dantoni, 27, taken to Meritus

Carolyn Davis, 72, taken to Meritus

Willie Keys, 29, taken to Meritus

Gthomas Saltmer, 61, not transported

Danielle Mariotti, 21, taken to Meritus

Karl Shepley, 27, not transported.

UPDATE: 1:55 p.m. Information from Maryland State Police: 

Maryland State Police is investigating a multi-vehicle crash that injured at least six people today in Washington County.

Shortly after 11:30 a.m., troopers from the Hagerstown Barrack responded to eastbound I-70 between MD 65 and MD 632 on a report of a serious multi-vehicle crash with entrapments.  According to a preliminary investigation, traffic had slowed or stopped for a construction crew that was conducting pothole repairs.

An empty passenger bus did not stop in time and crashed into parked traffic. The accident involved three commercial vehicles and five passenger vehicles. One victim was flown by a Maryland State Police Aviation Command helicopter to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore for treatment.

All other patients were transported via ambulance by Washington County Fire and Rescue to Meritus Medical Center in Hagerstown, Md. for treatment of their injuries. There are no fatalities to report at this time.  I-70 East is expected to remain closed for the next few hours.

The investigation is ongoing…

UPDATE: Five cars and three commercial vehicles were involved in a crash on I-70. Maryland State Police say one was a metro bus. One person has been flown out in a helicopter but their condition is unknown. The road will be blocked off for the next two hours. 

According to Maryland State Police, I-70 East of Rt. 632 near Downsville Pike is shut down.

At this time they suspect it involves 3-5 vehicles, and multiple helicopters are at the scene. Westbound is also shut down and the police say it will remain closed until helicopters leave, for at least the next two hours. 

Police say the there are very serious injuries, with no confirmed deaths and the incident involves a commercial motor vehicle. 

More information will be added as it arrives. A WDVM reporter is on the scene. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines

Maryland Forecast

More Weather


Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories