TAKOMA PARK, Md. (WDVM) — Turning pain into purpose, Rep. Jamie Raskin and family have announced the launch of a memorial fund in their late son’s honor.
Rep. Raskin’s son, Tommy, recently passed away, and the family is preserving his memory with a memorial fund. Tommy Raskin, who was a second-year student at Harvard Law School, was a lover of people and animals.
The Raskin family has created the Tommy Raskin Memorial Fund for People and Animals through the Greater Washington Community Foundation. This family fund will distribute all money raised on a semiannual basis to causes and charities championed and advanced by Tommy Raskin, such as Oxfam, Give Directly, the Helen Keller Institute, and Animal Outlook. The Fund has been launched with a contribution of $50,000.
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- First lady Jill Biden to visit WV with celebrity guest
- Here’s why you might find a dryer sheet stuck in your mailbox
- Clouds around today, more sunshine Wednesday and Thursday
- Chilly nights ahead as clouds begin to clear out