HYATTSVILLE, Md. (WDVM) — UPDATE: Police identified two suspects accused of shooting three officers who were called to a home invasion in Prince George’s County Sunday night.
27-year-old Steven Maurice Warren, of Washington, D.C., and 45-year-old Andre Larnell Smith, of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, were arrested Monday. Both Smith and Warren are facing multiple charges including first and second degree attempted murder, assault, and gun charges.
Around 6:30 p.m Sunday, officers were called to a home on the 1300 block of Capital View Terrace in Hyattsville when they were shot within seconds upon arrival, according to police. Detectives say all of the officers are expected to recover from injuries. Police now have two suspects in custody.
“One was struck in the chest, the vest saved him, the second was in the back, and the vest saved him. The office that was struck in the chest also sustained an injury to his arm and leg and another officer sustained an injury to his foot,” said Prince George’s County Police Chief Hector Velez.
The incident is still under investigation.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Maryland football in final stretch before Spring Game
- Madison field hockey advance to state finals, defeat Woodson 2-0
- Crowd gathers at Black Lives Matter Plaza after Chauvin verdict is announced
- Woman dead, another injured in Capitol Heights shooting
- Boonsboro girl’s lacrosse beat North Hagerstown by double digits