HYATTSVILLE, Md. (WDVM) — UPDATE: Police identified two suspects accused of shooting three officers who were called to a home invasion in Prince George’s County Sunday night.
27-year-old Steven Maurice Warren, of Washington, D.C., and 45-year-old Andre Larnell Smith, of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, were arrested Monday. Both Smith and Warren are facing multiple charges including first and second degree attempted murder, assault, and gun charges.
Around 6:30 p.m Sunday, officers were called to a home on the 1300 block of Capital View Terrace in Hyattsville when they were shot within seconds upon arrival, according to police. Detectives say all of the officers are expected to recover from injuries. Police now have two suspects in custody.
“One was struck in the chest, the vest saved him, the second was in the back, and the vest saved him. The office that was struck in the chest also sustained an injury to his arm and leg and another officer sustained an injury to his foot,” said Prince George’s County Police Chief Hector Velez.
The incident is still under investigation.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Now that Biden is president, here’s when you could get that $1,400 stimulus check
- Beefed up security on border between Arlington and Washington, DC
- Read the full transcript: President Joe Biden’s full inaugural address
- Frederick Police Chief is not expected to be finalized until next month
- A Frederick local uses Tik Tok to make a difference in the deaf community