The Mayor of Mount Airy adopts Gov. Hogan’s executive order and apply lessened restrictions on Frederick County portion of the town

Maryland

FREDERICK COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — Mayor Rockinberg decided to follow Governor Hogan’s orders instead of Frederick County Executive Jan Gardner’s order for restaurants to continue to close at 10 p.m.

According to the County Executive’s office, Mount Airy is not expected to follow Frederick County’s executive order since the town is divided into two counties, Frederick County and Carroll County. 60 percent of its land space is Carroll County, and the other 40 percent is Frederick County. Frederick County and the Town of Mount Airy have had a longstanding agreement that says they can follow the decisions of Carroll County when it comes to opening and closing businesses.

In order to achieve consistency in the town, Mayor Rockinberg adopted Governor Hogan’s order and will apply the lessened restrictions to those located on the Frederick County portion of the town.

In a statement to WDVM-25, County Executive Jan Gardner’s office said, “She has worked hard throughout the pandemic to coordinate with the 12 municipalities in the county while recognizing the right of municipal leaders to make their own decisions. The county executive continues to urge every resident and business in the county to do their part to fight the spread of the virus and protect the health of themselves and their neighbors.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines

Stay Connected

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories