EMMITSBURG, Md. (WDVM) — Maryland officials report a high-speed chase for a murder suspect ended in police-involved shooting.
According to the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, the chase began in Pennsylvania at about 2:30 p.m. before crossing into Maryland.
Two suspects, identified by officials as adult white males, continued south on Route 15 before switching direction and heading north.
Sheriff Chuck Jenkins says the suspects fired rounds during the pursuit along northbound Route 15.
The suspect’s vehicle crashed along Route 15 and Route 144 in Emmitsburg. Jenkins says the suspects fired shots at deputies and responding agencies, including Pennsylvania State Police. Law enforcement returned fire, and one suspect was arrested.
The other suspect escaped and headed towards the Exxon gas station along Silo Hill Road.
“Again, shots were fired. Deputies returned fire,” Jenkins explained. “[The] suspect was struck, he was down. He has since been flown to the shock trauma unit where he passed away, he has since died.”
One person, believed to be an employee of the gas station, was injured. Jenkins says he or she refused treatment.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Loudoun county offers restaurant winterization grants
- Detectives charge hospice caregiver for sexually assaulting a patient
- FCPS says Group 5 students will not return to in-person learning after Thanksgiving
- Arlington County police charge man for sexual battery and abduction
- Metro reports a disabled train with passengers aboard