HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — The much-disputed sale of Fort Ritchie is going back to court.
A private investor, John Krumpotich of Smithsburg agreed to purchase the historic property for development under strict guidelines set by the Washington County Commission. But a Frederick county party intervened in the proposed transaction, claiming the sale was not properly advertised.
A Washington County circuit court judge said all legal requirements were met. But that ruling will get an appeals hearing next week, further delaying the sale of 500 acres and a $1.85 million contract. The former military installation was closed in 1998, but Krumpotich plans to complete a mixed residential, recreational and commercial concept at the abandoned site.
- Olympic rings back up in Tokyo Bay, serving as sign of hope amid pandemic
- Nurse brags on TikTok about defying COVID-19 restrictions, put on administrative leave
- Getting a taste of winter as December begins
- A few flakes here and there, but the worst of the snow stays west
- Snow persists over the mountains, windy and chilly elsewhere