MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — Incumbent Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) is projected by The Associated Press to keep his seat in Congress after defeating his Republican challenger and political newcomer Gregory Coll (R-Md.).
The Democrat was first elected to Congress in 2016, making this Rep. Raskin’s third term. He made waves in Congress this year, sticking by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and introducing legislation related to the 25th Amendment. He serves on several committees, including the House Judiciary Committee and the Committee on Oversight and Reform. Before turning his attention to national politics, Rep. Raskin was a state senator in Maryland.
Maryland’s 8th Congressional district stretches from Takoma Park to the Pennsylvania line, covering parts of Montgomery, Frederick, and Carroll counties. Both nominees hail from Montgomery County.
Below are the most updated results for several congressional races in Maryland, according to the Associated Press.
YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS
- Georgia prosecutor opens probe into Trump call to ‘find’ votes
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent
- Inaugural tradition: The meaning behind President Biden’s Bible
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden arrives in DC after Delaware send-off
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?