HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — A 58-year-old man was run over by a vehicle in Hagerstown on Thursday afternoon and is being flown to shock trauma for treatment.
Washington County dispatch confirmed to WDVM that the incident happened around 12:50 p.m. in the area of North Potomac Street and East Avenue. Responding officials included the Hagerstown Police Department and Community Rescue.
Sergeant Decker told WDVM that the man was having trouble maneuvering his bike when he fell onto the road. Decker said a driver was turning from North Potomac Street onto Church Street when they accidentally hit the man. Police said the driver was not found to be at fault.
No further information was available regarding the patient’s condition or identity.
- Spring Valley snaps Martinsburg’s 57 game win streak
- Spring Mills football puts up another 50, beats Jefferson 52-28
- VDOT introduces new initiative to combat littering
- Bike to Work Week Begins Monday
- Frederick County Public Schools Celebrate Arts in Education