HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Emergency crews were called to the Hagerstown Airport just before noon on Wednesday when a plane crashed with two people on board.
Washington County said the pilot was departing HGR when mechanical issues happened. The pilot tried to make it back to the runway, but crashed a few hundred feet short. Dispatchers said the single engine two-seat airplane crashed, but did not catch fire.
The two people on board were not injured, according to dispatchers.
The airfield is back to normal operations as of 4 p.m. Wednesday.
This is a developing story. Stay with LocalDVM.com for updates.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Warming up dramatically this week
- Newsfeed Now transforms for campaign coverage as election approaches
- Northern Shenandoah Valley United Way hosts ALICE Awareness Week
- Mountaineer trio honored by Big 12 Conference
- Frederick County Virginia phone scams