Mount Airy residents back inside their homes after being evacuated following a gas leak


MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WDVM) — Residents are back in their homes after being evacuated in Mount Airy following a gas leak.

Fire officials say it happened around 7 a.m. Saturday morning. It happened on the 13,000 block of Sam Hill Lane. Investigators say, when they arrived on the scene there was a strong odor and high readings of natural gas. After three hours, crews were able to locate the leak underground and contain it. There were no reports of any injuries.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay Connected


Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories