UPDATE: According to officials, the victim succumbed to her injuries. Officials are investigating this shooting as a homicide.
CLARKSBURG, Md. (WDVM) — Montgomery County Police say they are investigating a “domestic-related” shooting that sent a woman to the hospital with life-threatening injuries Monday.
Police say they responded to a call at 2:42 a.m. for the shooting in the 22800 block of Frederick Road in Clarksburg.
A man is in custody, according to police.
“There is an adult male that is in police custody, the police department is investigating this as a domestic-related shooting,” Rebecca Innocenti, Montgomery County Police Department public information officer said.
An investigation is ongoing, and no further information is available.
- Would you get your COVID-19 vaccine at McDonald’s?
- The best non-Amazon products to buy on Prime Day
- House approves bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Virginia colleges ask Northam to end ban on paying student athletes for name, image and likeness
- Wildlife manager finds $1.2M in cocaine while surveying Florida sea turtle nests