UPDATE: According to officials, the victim succumbed to her injuries. Officials are investigating this shooting as a homicide.
CLARKSBURG, Md. (WDVM) — Montgomery County Police say they are investigating a “domestic-related” shooting that sent a woman to the hospital with life-threatening injuries Monday.
Police say they responded to a call at 2:42 a.m. for the shooting in the 22800 block of Frederick Road in Clarksburg.
A man is in custody, according to police.
“There is an adult male that is in police custody, the police department is investigating this as a domestic-related shooting,” Rebecca Innocenti, Montgomery County Police Department public information officer said.
An investigation is ongoing, and no further information is available.
- Inova cancels all first-dose COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- Prince William County police see an increase in vehicle theft
- World surpasses 100M confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Watch Live: Biden delivers remarks as administration set to purchase millions more COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Comcast announces free WiFi zones in DMV area