FREDERICK, Md (WDVM) — The Maryland Department of Health is now reporting coronavirus outbreaks at schools across the state through an online database.
As of Wednesday, the data shows COVID-19 cases at 26 different public and private schools. In total, about 87 confirmed cases of the virus are present within schools in 11 counties and the City of Baltimore.
In Montgomery County, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School and St. Elizabeth School are each reporting two cases.
In Washington County, five schools are reporting outbreaks: Truth Christian Academy reports two cases, Hagerstown High School reports three cases, Cedar Ridge School and Pangborn Elementary each report four cases, and Grace Academy reports 14 cases.
Schools on the list meet one or more criteria including reports of at least two confirmed cases among students, teachers or administrators within two weeks that are linked, and three or more classrooms or cohorts with cases from separate households within 14 days.
For more information, visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/school-resources
- WVU football to take on Iowa State Saturday at 3:30 ET
- Charles Town organization holding blanket drive for female veterans
- Local pop-up Christmas Market offers local handmade goods and holiday cheer
- Hagerstown man arrested for burglary and stalking
- Delegate Cox announces appeal in COVID-19 restriction lawsuit