CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (WDVM) — Prince George’s County Police have charged a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in Capitol Heights.
Damari Anthony Jones, 19, is being charged with first-degree murder for shooting 31-year-old Tyuan Thornes of Upper Marlboro. Last week on September 25th, at approximately 9:40 pm, officers responded to the 6800 block of Central Avenue for a report of a shooting, that’s when they found Thornes unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Through an investigation, it was determined Jones shot the victim over a dispute. Jones is being held without bond.
- WVU golf hosts Mountaineer Invitational
- WVU goalkeeper Kayza Massey makes SportsCenter Top 10 for reaching save vs. Virginia
- WVU’s rolling offense and Hampton’s career day lift Mountaineers over Baylor
- 4 girls, 12 and 14 years old, accused of setting house fire
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction