CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (WDVM) — Prince George’s County Police have charged a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in Capitol Heights.
Damari Anthony Jones, 19, is being charged with first-degree murder for shooting 31-year-old Tyuan Thornes of Upper Marlboro. Last week on September 25th, at approximately 9:40 pm, officers responded to the 6800 block of Central Avenue for a report of a shooting, that’s when they found Thornes unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Through an investigation, it was determined Jones shot the victim over a dispute. Jones is being held without bond.
- Detectives investigate Rockville bank robbery
- Mayor Bowser says she won’t take Dave Chappelle’s keys to DC away; Pride Center of Maryland weighs in on “The Closer” special
- Former public school teacher & political candidate sentenced to 8 years for child sex abuse
- Biden takes infrastructure pitch straight to Americans
- District’s all-girl school celebrates International Day of the Girl