CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (WDVM) — Prince George’s County Police have charged a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting in Capitol Heights.
Damari Anthony Jones, 19, is being charged with first-degree murder for shooting 31-year-old Tyuan Thornes of Upper Marlboro. Last week on September 25th, at approximately 9:40 pm, officers responded to the 6800 block of Central Avenue for a report of a shooting, that’s when they found Thornes unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. Through an investigation, it was determined Jones shot the victim over a dispute. Jones is being held without bond.
- Heat & Humidity returns this weekend
- Butterfly garden at Apple Pie Ridge Elementary School is complete
- WVU football adds Tony Thompson as special teams analyst
- 20-year-old man arrested after sexually assaulting a 7-year-old family member
- Smithsburg’s magical run comes to an end, lose 1A State final to Fallston