NORTH BETHESDA, Md. (WDVM) — The MCPS Educational Foundation has received a $125,000 donation from Lockheed Martin. The money goes towards virtual learning school supply kits and other technology needs.
$65,000 will be used to purchase virtual learning school supply kits that include essential school supplies. The remaining $60,000 will go toward the purchase, maintenance, and support of Chromebook and MiFi internet devices for students.
In a statement, Yolanda Pruitt, executive director of the MCPS Educational Foundation said, “This gift comes at an important time for students and families. The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a significant strain on many families in our community and these resources go a long way to relieving that strain. Lockheed Martin has been and remains an important partner with MCPS.”
- Newsfeed Now: US Capitol temporarily locked down, terminally ill man gets matching tattoos with strangers
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20
- Chiefs advance after Browns’ comeback comes up short