HAGERSTOWN, M.d. (WDVM) — Hagerstown police were called to the 500 block of Lynnhaven Drive after a reported stabbing on Tuesday at around 8 a.m. After arriving at the scene, officers found an adult male who was suffering from a stab wound in his back. The victim was escorted to Meritus Medical Center, where he remains in serious condition.
Officers soon identified that the suspect, who had escaped on foot prior to their arrival. An arrest warrant was obtained for the suspect, who turned herself into the Hagerstown Police Department a few hours later.
The suspect was transported to the Washington County Detention Center and is being charged as an adult with attempted 2nd-degree murder, 1st and 2nd-degree assault, and reckless endangerment.
Detectives said the stabbing was in relation to an argument that took place at the scene.
No further information has been released on the victim or his condition.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Penn State men’s volleyball edges George Mason in series opener
- Lake Braddock scores 23 unanswered, defeats Westfield 26-7
- Another one: PSU women’s hockey continue historic regular-season run
- Local “Shark Tank”-style pitch meeting held by small business owners
- South Hagerstown girl’s basketball take care of Hancock