HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — The City of Hagerstown announced Tuesday morning that the lobby and customer service area of Hagerstown City Hall will be closed in response to a first-floor employee’s positive COVID-19 test result.
The city says the public’s exposure to the employee was small, but access to city hall’s offices will be by appointment only, pending further testing and deep cleaning of the premises.
The city says that making payments by phone is not an option currently, so during the closure, residents will have to make payments online.
Updated opening information will be posted online at the city’s website and on Hagerstown’s social media platforms, officials say.
- Penn State hockey salvages series split with Wisconsin
- Montgomery County Police investigate death
- Hagerstown police investigating a days-old body found in a city residence
- Maryland National Guard assists with COVID-19 vaccinations
- Loudoun County adds Juneteenth, replaces Columbus Day with Indigenous People’s Day on calendar