MARYLAND (WDVM) — Some people are staying on top of their resolutions by returning back to the gym this year despite the pandemic. Some gyms like Planet Fitness are expecting more gym-goers, but with the increase in people planning to return to the gym, it’s important for staff members to prepare.
According to a national survey from Planet Fitness, in Maryland, gyms are seeing membership sale numbers similar to the beginning of 2019, they are also seeing the return of current and former members who cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Although many people might be excited to head back to the gym, it’s important to take the proper precautions and ensure your gym is following CDC protocols.
Experts say don’t forget your mask. According to the Mayo Clinic, new research has shown that your heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, oxygen level and time of exhaustion are not significantly affected by wearing a mask while exercising.
Trainers are reminding the public to always sanitize and if you’re not feeling well, skip the gym to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Penn State’s Barbour reveals number of COVID positive tests from 2020 football season
- Frederick County Teachers Association issues vote of no confidence in FCPS
- Montgomery County Police see an increase in carjackings since pandemic
- Maryland will launch mass COVID-19 vaccinations sites
- Tech entrepreneur Pete Snyder announces bid for Virginia governor