GERMANTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — A Germantown man will serve 18 months in jail for a theft scheme while he was an insurance agent.
Kevin Prescott Dunn, 36, was sentenced on one count of felony theft – using his position of trust to steal premiums of at least 77 victims. According to a news release from Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh’s Office, Dunn, who had his own agency stole over $200,000 from the victims between January 2014 to December 2017. Many individuals did not realize they were uninsured until they filed a claim, received notices of cancellation from insurance companies, or notices of MVA suspensions on their license for failure to provide insurance.
Dunn was also sentenced to five years of probation and ordered to pay $30,000 in restitution.
- WVU track and field heads to Big 12 Championship
- DC, DDOT invest $10 million to make intersections safer for all
- First Lady Dr. Jill Biden to visit West Virginia
- Live: Biden delivers remarks as Colonial Pipeline slowly restarts, fuel prices remain high
- Newsfeed Now: Colonial Pipeline resumes operations; Woman partially paralyzed after COVID vaccine reaction walks again