FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) – Frederick Police Department said they are investigating a fatal single-vehicle accident at a stormwater pond located off from Monocacy Boulevard.
Police say they received a call around 7:00 a.m. Thursday after a bystander saw a vehicle at the pond. Police responded and shut down Monocacy Boulevard between South East Street and East South Street for a period of time. The road has since been reopened.
Officers say the driver of the vehicle was reported missing Wednesday night, and after a search of the pond the missing person was found deceased. An autopsy from the Office of The Chief Medical Examiner revealed no suspected foul play.
Police say the investigation is still ongoing, and no further information is available at this time.
The Frederick Police Department is actively investigating the cause of the accident and is asking anyone with information to contact Detective Sergeant Mark Pecor at 240-674-6787 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Callers may also remain anonymous and contact the Frederick Police Department’s Crime Tip Lines at 301-600-TIPS (8477), text message at 240-674-TIPS (8477), or by email email@example.com.
- Rockville police officer arrested on child pornography charge
- Mountaineer Game Day: Oklahoma State – March 6, 2021
- Do Facebook and Twitter silence conservatives? Data shows they actually dominate
- Two strangers use conch shells to carry on tradition of honoring health care workers
- After 2 recent deaths, why are people still doing extreme baby gender reveals?