MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — A 26-year-old man from Gaithersburg has been accused of sexually abusing two of his former athletes while working as a football coach at Thomas S. Wootton High School.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Department of Police said Christopher Papadopoulos sexually abused two players from the football team while he was an assistant varsity coach from 2016 to 2020. Investigators said the interactions with the victims happened after school hours, not on school property.
The investigation began in February of 2020. On October 12, Christopher Papadopoulos was arrested. He is facing several charges, including sexual abuse of a minor.
Detectives say it’s possible there are more victims. Anyone who may have been victimized by the suspect is encouraged to call detectives at (240) 773-5400.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Warm and mainly sunny conditions continue into the weekend
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Trump spokesperson says armed men outside Florida early voting location not hired by campaign