Fire marshals determine cause of Fairplay house fire


Maryland State Fire Marshals determined the cause of a house fire in Washington County that displaced a family. 

Investigators are saying that an “improperly discarded smoking material” is what started the house fire late Friday night. Maryland State Fire Marshal says they responded to a home on the 17,600 block of Lappans Road where they found the fire in the front bedroom of the home.

Crews had it under control in five minutes. There were no injuries. The fire caused an estimated loss of $37,500.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines

Maryland Forecast

More Weather


Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories