PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — A Montgomery County Police Officer was shot while in pursuit of a suspect who was wanted for a murder case in Jacksonville, Florida.
Officers attempted to arrest the suspect who fled on foot, then fired shots at police. The suspect was fatally shot and a MCP officer who was operating as part of a U.S. Marshall’s Task Force was shot.
The officer was transported to a local hospital and the condition of the officer has not yet been reported.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- George Mason Women’s Basketball beats Longwood 77-65, five players in double digits
- Morgan County has second COVID-19 related death since start of pandemic
- Virginia drivers to be penalized for cellphone use effective Jan. 1
- Hagerstown City Council hears proposals for infrastructure and funding
- A teachers union is urging Governor Northam to close VA schools “until the state has COVID-19 under control”