DAMASCUS, Md. (WDVM) — A Damascus family was displaced from their home after a fire broke out Tuesday evening.
Fire crews were called to the single-family home on 25900 LaSalle Court shortly before 6 p.m. Montgomery County fire officials say the fire likely started from items catching fire that were too close to a power strip or extension cord in the garage.
There were no injuries but the estimated cost of damage is about $70,000 dollars.
Crews will be conducting an “After the fire” initiative in the neighborhood to provide safety tips and check smoke alarms.