Family displaced after house fire in Damascus

Maryland

Investigators say power strips were the cause

DAMASCUS, Md. (WDVM) — A Damascus family was displaced from their home after a fire broke out Tuesday evening.

Fire crews were called to the single-family home on 25900 LaSalle Court shortly before 6 p.m. Montgomery County fire officials say the fire likely started from items catching fire that were too close to a power strip or extension cord in the garage.

There were no injuries but the estimated cost of damage is about $70,000 dollars.

Crews will be conducting an “After the fire” initiative in the neighborhood to provide safety tips and check smoke alarms.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines

Maryland Forecast

More Weather

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories