SILVER SPRING, Md. (WDVM) — Despite changes due to the pandemic, downtown Silver Spring has now started working on its $10 million renovation plan for a new look.
You may start seeing construction on the property near retail shops and restaurants. The makeover will feature a new look including murals, a new plaza area, public art, and greenspace. There are plans to enhance the current water fountain and possibly turn a part of Ellsworth Drive into an artificial turf for greenspace. Restaurants are now operating on a take-out only or outdoor seating option as the number of COVID-19 cases has recently seen a spike. The development is just over 20 years old.
- ‘KKK propaganda fliers’ found in Loudoun County
- Caught on video: Woman hitches ride on semitrailer truck in Arkansas
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- More counties move into orange on County Alert System map
- Texas realtor who took private jet to D.C. is charged in Capitol riot