CUMBERLAND, Md. (WDVM) — Cumberland police say a man has been charged after a Sunday home invasion on the 600 block of East First Street. A victim of the burglary reportedly suffered serious injuries and was hospitalized.
Patrick Fitzgerald Martin, 24, of Cumberland already had an active arrest warrant when police made him a suspect in the home invasion. Police arrested Martin under the warrant, and later charged him for the home invasion after finding evidence.
The arrest warrant charges, filed by Maryland State Police, were for first-degree burglary, theft under $1000 and destruction of property.
The victim told police that Martin was wearing a mask and attacked them with a knife, police say. Witnesses told police they saw Martin enter the home uninvited.
In addition to the arrest charges, Martin is charged with armed robbery, first-degree assault, home invasion, and other related charges.
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country
- Maryland’s basketball game against George Mason canceled because of COVID-19
- Mnuchin and Powell talk to Congress about pandemic for 2nd consecutive day
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree turns on, with virus restrictions
- Middleburg spreads out holiday celebration in place of parade