HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — A Hagerstown grocery store is looking forward to celebrating 100 years in business.
Gordon’s corner grocery store on Cypress Street is about to celebrate a century — that’s right — a hundred years in business serving pantry staples along with fresh cuts of meat and poultry, wild-caught salmon, and their specialty: Maryland crab cakes. John Gordon is a third-generation to run the business and to know the secret to success.
“Loyal customers are the key and they become like family,” says Gordon. “And that’s what it’s all about being a small business like we are.”
And Gordon says their customers are friends and appreciate little gestures like taking their grocery bags out to their cars for them.
- Hagerstown City Hall closes lobby for positive coronavirus test result
- Suspects spend over $3000 at Hagerstown Walmarts using stolen credit cards
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Seasonal temperatures turn warm through Thanksgiving
- Rain-free into Wednesday, turning soggy the night before Thanksgiving