HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — One of the longest-running employees of Johns Hopkins University Comstock Center, Jane Hixson, received a warm welcome from her colleagues and community in celebrating a social distanced birthday.
More than 20 people gathered in the parking lot of the former Leitersburg Cinema and worked on getting their birthday signs and balloons arranged on their cars. The Leitersburg Volunteer Fire department sent one of their vehicles to help celebrate and the mascot of Johns Hopkins University also made an appearance.
“I can’t believe that happened, it’s so marvelous and everyone has just been so friendly and so nice. I appreciate it very much and I will wake up tomorrow and have to try to believe it all happened,” said Jane Hixson.
Jane said she would like to return to work once the pandemic is over, “perhaps at least once per week.” she added.
- PSU Football hires former Purdue Co-Defensive Coordinator to same position
- States pass their own virus aid, not waiting on Washington
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- Maryland state senators get negative COVID-19 test results after missing session
- Buying a car? Pandemic drives prices up, steers buyers away