ARLINGTON, Va. (WDVM) — Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington is making care packages for seniors, the hungry, the homeless and others in need during this critical time.
As the Catholic Charities continues to serve those who are vulnerable during this pandemic, they’re also putting together care packages. Officials said many seniors are need of tissues, socks, and much more along with homeless individuals needing everyday supplies such as travel sized deodorant and shampoo.
Debra Beard, Director of Volunteers for the Catholic Charities said, “We’re receiving care packages in on a regular bases and we’re distributing them out as soon as we get them in.”
If you are interested in volunteering or donating, Beard says more information can be found here.
READ SOME GOOD NEWS ON WDVM:
- $6,000 raised for Richmond ‘king of the neighborhood’ cat found with bullet in its neck
- School homeless shelter model gives families a safety net
- Fly Your name to the Moon: How to add your name to the Artemis I test launch
- What makes smoky, charred barbecue taste so good? The chemistry of cooking over an open flame
- Girl Scouts have new cookie-inspired makeup line