HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Hagerstown City Hall’s lobby and customer service area is closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19, the city said on Wednesday.
The employee works on the first floor, however the city said “public exposure to the employee was negligible.” The lobby and customer service will be deep cleaned, and people will only be able to come to the City Hall with an appointment until further notice.
Wes Decker, the City Hall Communications Officer stated, “So what it means right now at City Hall is that anybody who wants to come in to pay a bill or do business on the first floor are unable to do that presently. We hope to be able to get City Hall open as quickly as possible. But again, we are airing on the side of caution.”
The city said customers can make payments online, but not over the phone.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Wizards re-sign Bradley Beal
- Officer saw Uvalde shooter outside of school, but didn’t get permission to shoot, new report says
- Western Union returning millions to fraud victims: How to claim your money
- AAA worker hit, killed while refueling disabled van
- Dr. LaQuandra Nesbitt steps down as DC director of health