TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but its latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken. The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- D.C. Police need help identifying a toddler who was found in southeast
- NOVA Vets providing free transportation for veterans to and from vaccine appointments
- Pfizer vaccine effectiveness declines after 4 months, study says
- US swimmer Andrew goes maskless behind scenes at Olympics
- County Executive Jan Gardner urges residents who are unvaccinated to get vaccinated