TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but its latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken. The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Lawmaker: Trump’s executive order to prevent evictions has ‘no force of law’
- White House releases new report; President used Defense Production Act nearly 80 times to combat pandemic
- FEMA prepares for local emergencies during the COVID-19 pandemic
- MCPD looking for vehicle involved in hit & run
- Back-to-school politics: Debate over in-person learning dividing lawmakers