WASHINGTON (WDVM) — A cyclist is dead after being struck by an unmarked DC police car.
Officers responded to the area of East Capitol Street near Southern Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
According to Prince George’s County Police Department, the man was riding his bike on the sidewalk and for an unknown reason, moved his way into the roadway. Moments later, he was struck.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries. He later died.
The driver, an on-duty officer with the Metropolitan Police Department, remained on the scene. At this time, it remains unclear what the officer was doing.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Unit at 301-731-4422. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), or go online at www.pgcrimesolvers.com, or use the “P3 Tips” mobile app search “P3 Tips” in the Apple Store or Google Play to download the app onto your mobile device. Please refer to case 20-0050364.
- George Mason men’s basketball drops second game of the year to Belmont, 77-67
- “We are seeing growth in many places”: Rivera talks about rookie RB Antonio Gibson
- Terrapins exercise offensive arsenal, in win over Navy 82-52
- MCFRS reminds the community of Christmas tree fire hazards
- Airports see the most travelers since mid-March