TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A 3-year-old girl in Taiwan was reported safe after becoming caught in the strings of a kite and lifted several meters into the air.
The unidentified girl was taking part in a kite festival Sunday in the seaside town of Nanlioao when she was caught up by a giant, long-tailed orange kite.
Video shot at the scene showed her twisting several times above a crowd of adults who struggled to pull the kite back to earth.
News reports said the girl was frightened but suffered no physical injuries in the incident.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- Maryland legislature seeks protection for African American burial grounds
- Bluejacket Breweries’ limited edition brew benefits the Nationals’ Youth Baseball Academy
- Michael McDowell talks Daytona 500 win and what’s next
- McDonald’s debuts new menu item — three times over
- The importance of journalism and diversity in news organizations: A virtual discussion with 3 broadcast legends