FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) — The Maryland Historic Trust has just awarded grants totaling over $50,000 to two Frederick County landmarks.
The Trust awarded $40,000 to the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum in Frederick. The Schifferstadt Museum is a National Historic Landmark and one of the earliest known homes in Frederick.
The B&O WB Tower in Brunswick was awarded $15,000. The tower apart of Brunswick’s association with the railroad.
The grant will be use by the Frederick County Landmarks Foundation to help with simple repairs and and the installation of a new gutter system. The grants are part of the Preservation Capital Grants Program.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Police searching for Alexandria murder suspect, asking for tips
- Man charged with assaulting elderly woman in her Glenmont home
- Dick Goddard, legendary FOX 8 meteorologist, dies at 89
- Watch: Massive explosions rock Beirut with widespread damage, injuries
- DC removed from NY quarantine list