This story has been updated, the full story can be viewed here.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — One man is dead and another is in custody after a fatal shooting in northern Montgomery County Tuesday morning.
Police say it happened on Gue Road in Damascus just before 11 a.m. When officers arrived at the scene, witnesses told them the suspect had taken off after shooting the victim.
MCPD told its officers to be on the lookout for a specific car, and shortly after, officers located the suspect in Silver Spring. Police say that suspect tried to evade officers.
“Officers did locate the vehicle, but the vehicle failed to stop and a pursuit of this vehicle was initiated by officers. The vehicle stopped in the 14700 block of Good Hope Road. The suspect fled from the vehicle, but was apprehended in the area by Montgomery County Police officers,” said Sgt. Rebecca Innocenti of MCPD.
Police have not yet released the identities of the suspect or victim.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Hagerstown City councilmen discuss a rebuild of stadium
- Health care workers talk about disparities faced during COVID-19
- Maryland’s Jeshaun Jones out for the season, team has confidence in young wide receiver core
- Williamsport volleyball defend home court against Spring Mills
- No. 25 Mountaineers battle, but fall to fourth-ranked Wildcats in double-OT