GERMANTOWN, Md. (WDVM) — Pools are expected to get more visitors than usual as many will be out trying to beat the heat, but before you do Montgomery County is reminding resident there are some changes to the rules.
Montgomery County Recreation is now open for walk in or online reservations, which should be made two hours in advance. Before heading out, be sure to bring your mask to wear while entering and exiting the pool site. Public pools are still operating on limited capacity and only open to county residents. Officials say many pool activities are limited and vary depending on if you’re looking to swim indoors or outdoors.
“Outdoor pools are opened for recreational swim and limited laps swimming on a first come first serve basis,” said Carmen Berrios Martinez, Montgomery County Recreation.
Montgomery County Recreation is also hosting summer virtual programs for residents of all ages.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Penn State running back Journey Brown could miss 2020 football season
- “It’s really unfortunate and kind of unfair;” Musselman volleyball and other Berkeley County teams’ postseasons in jeopardy
- Nationally recognized street artists come to DC to create “Get Out The Vote” mural
- Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services urges residents to check Carbon Monoxide alarms
- TSA screens one million travelers-highest number since March