MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — Police on Thursday identified the man who was found dead in the Potomac River two days prior.
A kayaker reported a possible dead person wedged between rocks in the Virginia side of the river on Tuesday evening, police said. During their investigation, the Montgomery County Department of Police identified the person as 30-year-old Ankit Kumar of McLean, Virginia. Police said his cause of death is still undetermined.
Kumar was found in the Wet Bottom area of the river, around 7 p.m. His autopsy results are pending. Anyone with information regarding this death is urged to contact the Major Crimes Division at 240-773-5070.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- #BREAKING: Natalie Cochran pleads guilty in federal court
- Justice gives COVID-19 in WV update
- Zendaya becomes youngest lead drama actress to win Emmy
- Justice Ginsburg to lie in repose at the Supreme Court & U.S. Capitol
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners