Over 70 fire fighters responded for house fire


Two Montgomery County residents barely escaped a fire house fire that began early Wednesday morning.

The fire began inside a home just off of Clarksburg Road in the Boyds community.

Over 70 firefighters had arrived at the home by 4 a.m. to try and control the blaze.

By the time the fire was put out, the single-story home had suffered significant damage.

Officials noted that the house may have had an issue with its fire alarms, which they found to be outdated models.

“The home was being renovated to some degree and it is very likely that the electricity was not fully covered throughout the home and it is very likely that the power was out to the smoke alarms,” said Montgomery County Fire and Rescue fire official Pete Piringer.

The exact cause of the fire is considered to have been an electrical malfunction that began in an external outlet.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News Headlines


Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories