One man injured after restaurant fire in Silver Spring

I-270

A man is injured after a fire broke out at Szechuan Palace, a Chinese restaurant in Silver Spring.

Montgomery County fire and rescue crews were called to the shopping center on Georgia Avenue near Staples.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen when an employee went outside to take a smoke break and got locked out of the restaurant. The total cost of damage is about $600,000.

The employee was hospitalized for smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Maryland
More West Virginia
More I-270
More Virginia
More Pennsylvania

Stay Connected

Events

Don't Miss

More Local News

Trending Stories