GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WDVM) — After much push back Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich announced on Thursday that Montgomery County, Maryland will enter Phase One of its reopening plan on June 1.
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Monday, June 1, the following businesses and activities can resume with guidelines:
- Retail is by curbside pickup only.
- Restaurants and bars with outdoor seating may reopen; curbside pickup can continue.
- State-approved child care facilities may care for children of essential workers and Phase One personnel.
- Barbershops and hair salons may open by appointment only.
- Car washes may reopen for exterior cleaning only.
- Manufacturing can fully reopen with guidance from the county and safety precautions.
- Outdoor day camps and youth sports must follow Maryland Department of Health guidelines.
- Certain outdoor recreation, such as golfing, shooting ranges and tennis courts, can continue.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek
- Scottys Bus Lane: Frederick road renamed in honor of local business owner
- Texas man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Non-profit holds panel event to tell the story “Behind the Sign”
- Police investigating 2 separate crashes in same area