FREDERICK COUNTY, Md. (WDVM) — A West Virginia man died Saturday after hiking at Sugarloaf Mountain in Frederick County, Maryland.
According to the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, the 52-year-old man suffered a medical emergency while on a hiking trail. Witnesses on the trail saw the man collapse and began CPR until EMS responders arrived, deputies say.
EMS attempted to save the man, but officials say he was later pronounced dead on-scene.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- Harris ‘honored’ to join Biden on Dem ticket
- Biden’s VP Pick: What Republicans have to say about Kamala Harris
- Kamala Harris: Who is Joe Biden’s running mate?
- Man arrested after threatening to set himself on fire in front of the Supreme Court
- Pres. Trump to hold Tuesday briefing