FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) — The Frederick Police Department found the body of an adult woman on July 29 around 8:24 a.m. near Rock Creek at Waverly Drive.
According to officials, the victim has been identified as 37-year-old Kelly Meadows Serra and her death has been ruled as a homicide. A review by the Office of the Chief Medical found that Serra suffered from stab wounds that could not have been self-inflicted.
Officials say this crime was an isolated incident that is still under investigation.
“The body was possibly there 48 hours before the officer found her. We are definitely looking for the public’s help. If they saw anything unusual prior to July 29th, last Wednesday, definitely let us know,” said Lt. Kirk Henneberry with the Frederick Police Department.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Frederick Police Department at 301-600-2102 or the primary investigator, Detective Wolfe at 240-549-4450.
MORE NEWS ON WDVM
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Musselman football will play Morgantown, for the Mohigans’ first game of the season
- Spring Mills jolts Jefferson in straight sets
- A Boonsboro resident is the first to graduate from a DVF corporation in Hagerstown
- The Bipartisan Policy Center offers advice for policymaker to help people during the opioid epidemic